Sunday 17 November 2013

Week 3 progress model and statement of direction outline

End result of Rayfire Experiment

Playing with pulling the pieces apart and placing them in different ways.

Each one of the rods (representing steel reinforcing) have been modeled individually using max to give a steel rod effect.

Using Rayfire and my own  modelling.

A combination of the skills discussed above.

Statement of Direction Outline

I really want to emphasis the reinforced elements of the structure particularly the concrete and the steel rods within the different pieces. I have decided to actually model these elements instead of using a 'facade' that I was shown in the labs today. Although this way seemed quite straightforward and time saving, I wanted my model to cast some nice shadows which wouldn't have been possible.

I haven't really thought alot about materials yet however for now I have applied a texture similar to the 'Todays' Model' to all my elements to give me a rough idea of what sort of effect I want.

I think I really want to emphasis some graffiti items within my model, but I will experiment with this more further down the track.


No comments:

Post a Comment